Tag can be attached to various categories. Posts that talk about pattern development are about patterns being in progress. Sewing an article and not having it finished, thus it is in progress.
And now, onto the subject. I know there are a lot of panties patterns already. But I just feel I have to have my own pattern! Besides, the pattern is planned for several heights and not just small-medium-large-xlarge. And I really wanted to test some of the drafting techniques.
I think dark colors have a more luxurious look, while soft/pale colors are more feminine. I actually love both categories And more important, every woman must have dark AND soft colored bras.
Maya cup was designed with some ideas for future alterations. It is meant to be altered to obtain some styles. This was one of the biggest secrets I’ve kept hiding from you.
Don’t worry, the finished pattern will not look like this! It will have beautiful curved lines to follow natural body shapes. These are sketches where I measure and test sizes. I’m getting back to work now.
Have a great day everybody!
Let’s see what I like about this version of bra:
And now, let’s see what I have to do next for my bra pattern:
- I do have to wear this new bra and decide the fit level; the previous one proved to be very good, but not perfect for my acceptance conditions;
- I was messing around with sizes and my testing showed I have to make some band alteration to fit big cups, like E and bigger;
- Also, to my shame, I discovered a mistake I made when I was designing the band; I did not remove the hook width from the back band; this is to be corrected;
- Draft a new version for bra pattern and sew one test bra; cups remain from this version, but a new band;
I have been working on this silently. A new test bra is on my sewing table, here’s an inside of a cup. Can you spot how many stitches are there? I surely lost count!
I’m working hard on several levels. I have already started to write useful pages for my bra pattern release. You can check this one: About elastics stretch amount
- Green line – cup version 1 – a test bra was not sewn, just a foam cup
- Blue line – cup version 3 – this is the white bra
- Red line – cup version 5 – this is the bra I’m currently making
Here’s a new bra I made for testing my pattern. After the first test bra I concluded – cups are a bit pointy. For this version (called version nr 3) I altered only the cup shape – added roundness